For many of us, selecting a storage unit can be taxing. With so many options to choose from and many reasons for needing a unit, it can feel overwhelming to find what’s right for you. At Noah’s Ark Self Storage, we understand that finding the right self storage for you starts with how long you plan on using it and what you need it to do for you.
Below we will discuss the difference between long-term storage and short-term storage and why you may need one of them.
The Difference Between Long-term Storage and Short-term Storage
Before unpacking them individually, let’s look at these terms as a whole. The most significant difference between the two is the duration needed. Short-term is widely accepted as a period that does not extend past three months. Long-term is a prolonged period that the unit will be in use.
Short-term storage is generally a three-month period or less that you will need the unit. Whether it’s for helping you set things aside between college semesters, moving houses, or even storing a vehicle during its off-season, many people need this type of storage. Below are some reasons you may not have realized you can use 3-month storage.
- Temporary storage during a home remodel – don’t waste your time shifting things around during remodels. Use a storage unit to clear the space you need.
- Transition office space – use self-storage to hold office equipment while looking for a bigger space.
- Storing seasonal use items – keep items like garden tools, boats, and sporting equipment in their best shape by safely storing them.
- Store items meant for selling – keep your garage clear and use a storage unit to hold items until they sell.
This prolonged storage solution is for any unit you need for longer than three months. This option is great if you are looking to eliminate clutter from your home or store items that are not so easy to get rid of. Below are some reasons you may need storage for a prolonged period.
- Office space – many people use long-term units as personal office space for a small business or space for backup office equipment.
- Heirlooms and other valuables – these units are a great way to get valuables out of your home and safely stored away.
- Seasonal items – use a storage unit to hold seasonal things like holiday decorations or party supplies.
- Collector’s items – you may need to use a self storage facility to hold collector items you may not have the space for in your home.
Both of these self storage options serve an excellent purpose for the needs you may have. You can’t go wrong with either option, and we hope this article gave you an idea of what each of these means for you and your needs. At Noah’s Ark Storage, our experts want to help you make the most out of your self storage experience. Contact us about how we can help pick the proper storage unit for you.